How to Choose the Right Portable Generator Enclosure
A portable generator enclosure helps to keep generators safe and protected from rain, sun, hurricane, and so on. But do you need one?
Yes, especially if you own a whole house or standby generator and cannot carry it around.
The portable generator enclosures come in various sizes, shapes, and styles, and they can be made from different materials, such as steel, aluminum, or plastic. They can also have various features, such as shelves, doors, and vents.
Hence, to know more about the portable generator enclosure, in this article, we will be discussing what a portable generator enclosure is, how you can choose the right one and how finding the right one saves you from an expensive repair or replacement.
Table of contents
What Is A Portable Generator Enclosure?
If you’ve ever considered buying a portable generator, you’ve probably seen the term “generator enclosure” come up a lot. But what exactly is a generator enclosure?
In short, a generator enclosure is a housing for your portable generator that helps protect it from rain, sun, hurricane, animals, harsh weather, and so on while it keeps on running smoothly.
Many enclosures also come with features like sound-dampening or anti-vibration to help keep your generator quiet and efficient.
Generator enclosures come in various shapes and sizes, so you can find one that fits your generator model and needs.
And if you’re unsure which enclosure is suitable for you, our team of experts would be more than happy to help you; you can use our contact us page for help.
So if you’re in the market for a portable generator, consider an enclosure.
How To Choose The Right Enclosure For Your Generator
Choosing a suitable enclosure for your generator is an important decision that will impact the performance and reliability of your generator.
However, there are a few things you should consider when choosing an enclosure for your generator, which include:
- The type and size of the generator: The type and size matter when choosing an enclosure. However, some generators would require you to build a coop—for instance, a small house.
- The weather conditions: Weather conditions are also an essential factor you should joke about when choosing a generator enclosure.
- And lastly, the area you will keep your generator with its enclosure.
Enclosures For Different Types Of Generators
Enclosures for generators come in various shapes and sizes to accommodate the specific type of generator being used.
The three most common enclosures are open, semi-enclosed, and fully enclosed. Each type of enclosure has its benefits and drawbacks that should be considered before making a purchase.
- Open enclosures are affordable and typically offer the most accessible maintenance access. However, they offer the least protection from the elements and are not well suited for noise-sensitive areas.
- Semi-enclosed enclosures offer more protection than open enclosures and can be fitted with sound-dampening features. They are more expensive than available enclosures but still provide good value.
- And lastly, fully enclosed enclosures offer the highest level of protection from the elements and are ideal for noise-sensitive areas. However, they are built like a house, unlike other types of enclosure
Using a portable generator enclosure is essential, primarily if you use a generator that can’t be carried around casually.
So, if you have a generator and want to buy a generator enclosure and don’t know how to go about it, we hope this article helps you choose the enclosure you need.
The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the companies or products being reviewed. The information provided is based on personal experience and research and should be considered only as a starting point for further research.